2007/02/28

On Surfaces Pt.II: Blinded by Proximity

She did invite me along. I'm just glad that I'm going with people that know who he is. Three months isn't such a long time until you consider it to be a quarter of a year. She told me once that sometimes she can be aloof. I'd just call it cold.

Tonight isn't about anything other than the music. She asks me if I'd mind driving. I don't. I'm running on my end-of-the-month Salty Crax and I pay for petrol.

I watch the show from outside my body and I watch myself from deep within it. While we got along so well, I couldn't feel her heat and I have always been too good at conducting emotion.

It came time to be friends I thought that we'd at least be able to relate. It turns out that we related a lot better when it was related to her. The depth that I saw was just another surface, one that I don't expect to see again.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

"...another surface..."

Very thought-provking!

JJK

03:57  
Blogger Karen Little said...

aw...

13:02  
Blogger mike said...

Wow.

Hmm. I'm sorry to hear it. But then, it sounds like it was for the better. Friends doesn't often work... but if you can give it a go, then I say good for you.

13:39  
Blogger Debaser said...

I've come to realise that I have better things to spend my energy on. It's nothing serious from either side, I'm just having quite a time trying to understand human behaviour.

21:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Matthew Hart's Facebook profile